Sign Up for Our CSA!
Interested in receiving the freshest harvest of local, organic produce from Comox Valley farmers for 16 weeks this summer? Click here to learn more & sign up!
We support our grower members to market and distribute high quality farm products to our community. We are so excited about the ways our co-op will promote:
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Increasing production of high quality, nutritious, local organic food
- FOOD SECURITY: Local food security and improved food access for all
- CONNECTING GROWERS & EATERS because local food brings health and happiness to our communities
- GROWING FARMERS: Supporting new growers and producers to succeed
- FARMLAND STEWARDSHIP: Farming practices that cultivate healthy farm ecosystems
Where to Find Our Veggies
- Become a CSA Member to get a selection of our veggies every week!
- Comox Valley Farmers Market
- Cumberland Farmers Market
About Our CSA
A CSA is a local, farm-based distribution system for organic produce. It’s all about eating delicious, local food and the love between farmers and eaters!
CSA members pledge to support local farms, with growers and consumers sharing the risks and benefits of food production. CSA members or subscribers purchase shares in the spring for a share of the anticipated harvest. Once harvesting begins, from July to September, members receive weekly shares of fresh, in-season produce from the farms.
As a CSA member, you will enjoy:
- 16 weeks of organic produce from four local farms, from June to September
- Convenient pick-up locations for your produce box in Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland, Campbell River or pick up at Amara Farm just north of Courtenay!
- Market-style pick-ups in many locations where you can access our brand new “Swap Box” for CSA members who dislike or are allergic to some veggies.
- Farm events like potlucks and farm tours where you can meet your farmers and the land where your food comes from!
- The freshest, juiciest and tastiest portion of our harvest
- Lots of variety: we try to mix in favourites with new and interesting veggies you will love!
Nuts and Bolts of a CSA:
- Payment is given in late winter/early spring to provide necessary start-up funds for the farms
- CSA members must pick up their shares from central pick up locations – you can always send a friend if you’re away!
CSA Programs help us to become more connected – to the food we eat, the land that it grows from, and to each other. CSA programs are not a new idea, but they are truly innovative. Every organic farm needs a community of dedicated eaters and supporters, and we’re really excited to have you join in the delicious fun!