We support our grower members to market and distribute high quality farm products to our community. We are so excited about the ways our co-op will promote:
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Increasing production of high quality, nutritious, local organic food
- FOOD SECURITY: Local food security and improved food access for all
- CONNECTING GROWERS & EATERS because local food brings health and happiness to our communities
- GROWING FARMERS: Supporting new growers and producers to succeed
- FARMLAND STEWARDSHIP: Farming practices that cultivate healthy farm ecosystems
Where to Find Our Veggies
- Become a CSA Member to get a selection of our veggies every week!
- Comox Valley Farmers Market
- Pier St. Market in Campbell River
Merville Organics offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Box Program. What’s a CSA, you ask?
A CSA is a local, farm-based distribution system for organic produce. It’s all about increasing community access to high-quality, locally grown produce, but it’s also all about relationships! CSA members pledge to support local farms, with growers and consumers sharing the risks and benefits of food production. CSA members or subscribers purchase shares in the spring for a share of the anticipated harvest. Once harvesting begins, from July to September, members receive weekly shares of fresh, in-season produce from the farms.
- To grow fresh, tasty and nutritious organic produce in the Comox Valley
- To create new opportunities for small-scale organic growers in our community
To build a more sustainable food system, one veggie box at a time!
The Best of Five Farms
CSA programs connect farmers and eaters and support local agriculture.
How it works:
- Members receive 15 weeks of organic vegetable box delivery from the last week of June to the first week of October
- Payment is given in late winter/early spring to provide necessary start-up funds for the farms
- Boxes are delivered to central pick-up locations in the Comox Valley, or at one of the farms once a week where members can pick them up
CSA Programs help us to become more connected – to the food we eat, the land that it grows from, and to each other. CSA programs are not a new idea, but they are truly innovative. Every organic farm needs a community of dedicated eaters and supporters, and we’re really excited to have you join in the delicious fun!